What an amazing weekend I had in the city by the bay! It started off with a short day of work on Friday, my last day as a full time member at Indigo. It was bitter sweet. When you spend so much time working at a place, seeing so many projects going through and having even just a small part in many of them, it’s hard to break away. Luckily John came down to help me move back to Seattle. It also gave him time to say hi to his college buddies; having him in town and having such a great time reminded me why I was saying goodbye in the first place!
I got a few of my San Francisco Bucket List items taken care of, however it looks like I’ll have to take another trip down in the future to finish all of them.
Things I did:
1) Go dancing at the Beauty Bar
As a going away celebration we gathered friends from work to meet up here. I also have a college teammate who lives in SF who I invited out, it was great to see her, her husband and another college teammate. The place was insanely crowded though so a bit difficult to dance. We still had fun.
2) Hang out with John’s college buddies
We recently learned a new game that’s great for groups, it’s basically a mixture of telephone and Pictionary. We had an awesome time hanging with John’s old friends on Saturday night playing this game and catching up. I wish we lived closer to his college friends!
3) Eat a Ghirardelli’s sundae.
4) Run in the Marin Headlands
The weather was amazing. I can’t even imagine throwing on shorts and a tshirt in Seattle at this point. John and I enjoyed a very easy run Saturday morning, it was good to sweat out the alcohol and start the day right.
5)Run across the Golden Gate Bridge.
I’m going to give myself a half point here. We didn’t run it, we walked most of it on Sunday.
Things I didn’t accomplish:
1) Visit SFCF. That’s okay, I hope to go back to eventually get a mobility cert, I imagine sometime in the next year KStarr will hold another one at his gym.
2) Eat an Ike’s sandwich, didn’t really cross my mind. I feel like this one is not super important, if I happen upon it great.
3) Take the hubbo to Mill Valley Beer Works. Well, okay I did technically take him there, it just wasn’t open because it was reserved for an Oscar party. grr. We enjoyed a good but expensive pizza place instead.
4) Go running with Pavement Runner, sorry dude! It’s my fault for not reaching out, the last two weeks were so crazy I don’t know when I would have made it happen. I’m positive we’ll run into each other in the future.
5) Go to Palace of Fine Arts. Another one we just didn’t squeeze in. If I had done everything there’d be no reason to go back and visit, right?
I really love San Francisco and wish I had spent more time in the city itself when I was living in San Rafael. I guess that’s the problem with working/living 20 minutes outside a cool place, when work days are long you end up being too tired and miss out on the cool stuff. It reminds me why I don’t think I will ever want to live in Bellevue or any of the other suburbs of Seattle. I love the city too much!
If you were to make a bucket list of the city that you live in, what would it be?