Tiffany over at Matters of Course (she just changed up her blog, you should check it out!) Put together this nice way to take a look back at 2012. I decided to join in on the reflecting action and share the big things that happened last year.
- Traveling to Switzerland and France with my husband and mother-in-law to support my brother-in-law as he raced UTMB
- Training for and completing two marathons
- Finally getting into Hood To Coast with my American University Alumni Team and placing second in the Open Women’s Division
- Another great and successful year of working at Indigo Films
- Unexpectedly PRing in a 5k which got me under 20 mins for the first time since college
- Maintaining good performances and PRing on lifts in CrossFit while marathon training
- Meeting and becoming friends with some really wonderful bloggers at FitBloggin AND edited to add: Nike Women’s Marathon (wouldn’t have met Hutch othewise!), and other meet-ups (Devon and Karen, who are some are my internet turned real life buds!)
- Phone banking for Washington United for Marriage and feeling like I helped with the effort to allow everyone to marry who they love in WA.
- Competing in my first CrossFit Competition with my husband as my partner
- Celebrating new marriages and the births of some of my best friends’ babies
10 8 DISAPPOINTMENTS (can’t think of 10!)
- Getting injured during my first marathon
- Not qualifying for the Boston Marathon
- Not getting pregnant yet
- Having to travel to California every week to maintain a good job performance
- Not feeling like I have enough time to spend with friends when I’m home in Seattle
- Finding out that a company I was once an ambassador for is not what they seem.
- Letting my beautiful little home get a bit out of control with messiness (see socks in photo below)
- Feeling like I’m not a good mama to my puppy
3 4 GAME CHANGERS (had to add one more)
- Resigning from my job to start my own business and be home more with my husband
- Becoming a FitFluential Ambassador
- Deciding that we’re ready to be parents
- Trying out the Paleo Diet for 42 days, the first time I have ever really paid attention to what I eat. It taught me a lot about clean eating and got me to cook!
3 THINGS YOU FOCUSED ON
- Marathon Training and physical therapy to get me through that second marathon uninjured
- My job, traveling every week and living in a different place than my husband was taxing
- My blog. Stepping out of my comfort zone to attend Fitbloggin and find out more about blogging changed my focus to caring a bit more about this little space of internet that I call my own.
3 THINGS YOU FORGOT
- Some of my goals regarding stretching and ab tabatas
- To continue to focus on eating fresh produce more often
- To answer emails promptly. I got really bad this year with answering emails about upcoming plans.
This year was a great year. While traveling almost every week got to be too much, my second year of marriage was still great. We appreciate the time we do have together and look forward to finally getting to see each other more in 2013. There were some big running disappointments, but also some great races and wonderful experiences. Becoming more involved in the fitness blogging community has opened my eyes to different opportunities and has made me more social on the web. It’s all fascinating and exciting to me. I feel that I can use my professional skills for good and step away from some of the content I’ve had a part in making that has less positive messages to be sending out into the world. 2013 will be filled with HUGE changes and I look forward to the new challenges.